In order to do good work, we need sharp tools. For years, I have wanted to make a dedicated sharpening station. In this project, we will start by building a sharpening pond. With that built, we will turn our attention to a dedicated cabinet that can hold both the pond, a grinder and had a bank of drawers for all of your accessories.
or subscribe for our yearly membership for $150 and get access to everything!
In this class you’ll learn:
• Build a base and top for the pond
• Build a spigot out of oak
• Create stone holders
• Make a multipurpose shop cabinet
• And more!
What you will get with this class:
• A detailed project plan
• Step-by-step videos
• Ability to stream or download each chapter in HD
• Ability to email me directly with questions
• A source list of where to find everything you will need for this project
After finishing my new sharpening pond, I wanted to put it to the test. Watch as I go over how to flatten the back of a chisel, grind it’s primary bevel and put on a secondary bevel. After that, I touch up the blade for my Smoothing Plane and take some very thin shavings.